Monday, June 30, 2008

Celebrity Style At The 2008 CFDA Awards

There were a LOT of fascinating choices this year, so to save time and space I'm going to limit myself to three gongs: the Weird, the Wonderful and the Whack.


My Whack award goes to Kim Cattrall, mainly because I can't figure out why she pulled her hair into this severe top knot:





Grr, don't you just want to pull it out?


My Wonderful award (and I hate myself for giving it to someone with so little edge) goes to Meredith Melling Burke, who looked really pretty in her Oscar De La Renta dress. Who could resist?








And the Weird? I'm still trying to digest Maggie Gyllenhaal's outfit.










The thing is, I've seen this look millions of times, but only ever on fifty-five-year-old female gallery curators. All she needs is funny red-rimmed spectacles, a limp wrist, middle-age spread (isn't THAT what those blouses are designed to cover?) and a posse of artistic friends who air-kiss and call each other 'dahhhling'.



Check out style.com for more pics.


No comments: